About National Cremation Society Port Charlotte, FL
National Cremation Port Charlotte, Fl
2525 B. Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, Florida 33952
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. The Port Charlotte office opened in April, 1987. Cremation arrangements can be as unique and personal as the lives they represent and the lives they continue to touch. Because we understand that the death of someone you love is one of the most difficult and emotional times of your life, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs.
At some point in our lives we all experience a loss. Whether it is the first time you are in this difficult place or you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of doing it again, we are here to help. It is our honor to guide and assist you through the process. We handle the cremation; associated paperwork, and transportation, with dignity and respect for each individual.
Our National Cremation Society location services Port Charlotte and surrounding areas.
- Arrangements available at the time of loss
- Advanced planning with the licensed Pre-planning specialist
- Arrangements in the convenience of your home, or in our office
- Veterans Assistance
- Professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff
You can count on our dedication to the highest of standards and professional service to ensure each individual is treated with dignity and respect in all phases of the cremation process. Because this is our mission, you can rest assured that we adhere to strict code of practice to meet or exceed all applicable state laws. Whether you have an immediate need due to the death of a loved one or you are preplanning for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
The members of the National Cremation Society Port Charlotte office are active in many community groups, including Our Charlotte Elder Affairs Network, TideWell Hospice Inc., the Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce, Relay for Life, and Toys for Tots.
To contact the Port Charlotte office call (941) 624-5212 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
Location Manager and Licensed Direct Disposer
Millie Coughlin is the Location Manager at National Cremation Society, Port Charlotte. A licensed Direct Disposer in the state of Florida for 21 years, Millie has been the manager of National Cremation Society since 1995 and is a very active community supporter. She is very dedicated to the families she serves.
Pauline Grossnickle has been in the cemetery and cremation industry for 22 years. She is on the Board of Trustees with our church and in charge of our Prayer Garden. She finds it rewarding to be able to assist and support families in their time of need.
To contact one of our team members please call the Port Charlotte office at (941) 624-5212 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Port Charlotte office at (941) 624-5212 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
Assistance in Veterans Benefits
Veteran services include
At National Cremation Society Port Charlotte, we believe veterans and their families deserve the highest level of respect and dignity during the cremation process.
Many veterans are not aware of the benefits to which they are entitled. Our experienced staff is trained to help understand and navigate these benefits, and assist you and your family through this difficult time.
With an honorable discharge, every veteran is entitled to have their ashes interred in and National Cemetery that has available space at no charge. There are currently 125 national cemeteries.
National Cremation Society Port Charlotte can provide assistance with the following:
- Completing and filing the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the honors you deserve, including presidential memorial certificates
- Securing a flag for presentation during the service
- Obtaining a memorial flag case
Additional Veterans benefits you may qualify for include:
- $300 reimbursement towards your cremation service
- Free headstone or markers in marble, granite or bronze
Sarasota National Cemetery
9810 State Road 72
Sarasota, FL 34241
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Port Charlotte office at (941) 624-5212 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Society (941) 624-5212 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Florida State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Links and Forms
Please remember that if you haven't found what you're looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Port Charlotte office at (941) 624-5212 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.