About National Cremation Society Denver, CO
National Cremation Society Denver, CO
5060 East Hampden Avenue
Denver, CO 80222
Fax: (303) 757-0280
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people, and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
National Cremation is your choice for a simple, affordable cremation by a trusted and experienced cremation provider. You can count on our dedication to the highest of standards and professional service to ensure each individual is treated with dignity and respect in all phases of the cremation process. Because this is our mission, you can rest assured that we adhere to a strict code of practice to meet or exceed all applicable state laws. Whether you have an immediate need at the time of death or are preplanning cremation for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
Location Service Manager
James began his career in funeral service in October of 2003 working as a chapel attendant and serving families during the initial transfer from place of death. He received his degree in Mortuary Science in 2005 from American River College in Sacramento California. He swiftly realized this this was both a calling and a passion as he began helping families both in planning services and in preparation and restoration of their loved ones.
James became a licensed funeral director in 2006 and a licensed embalmer in 2008, learning the business in all its aspects. James has worked in traditional funeral service for both independent family-owned funeral homes as well as larger corporate structures throughout Northern California.
James and his wife and son moved to Colorado at the end of 2013 after a week-long vacation convinced him that it was where he was meant to be. In his spare time, James enjoys reading, computer programming, independent movies, and exploring the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Natural History. James in committed to the credo that “shared pain is lessened and shared joy is increased.” This shows in the care that he brings to all of his families.
James is currently working on a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a focus on business and education, and has his eye on a Master’s degree in Business Administration.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security and Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable).
- 1 year access to Compassion Helpline for all immediate family members
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Denver office at (303) 757-0167 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Fort Logan National Cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors at Fort Logan or a private cemetery
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Denver office at (303) 757-0167 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Society (303) 757-0167 is all that is needed to start the process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Death Certificate, cremation permit, disposition permit, and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Colorado State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed within 3-5 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Denver office at (303) 757-0167 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation Society Denver, CO - Delivers Gift Basket to the Helpful Staff of Rocky Mountain State Park
James from National Cremation Society of Denver, CO delivers a gift basket to the staff at the Rocky Mountain State Park. The Rocky Mountain State Park team has been very helpful with assisting our team in scattering and memorial services in the Rockies.
National Cremation Society Denver, CO - Delivers Pizza Donations to Local Veterans Groups
For more information about any of the above events, please call the Denver office at (303) 757-0167 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.